If you want to take the exam "Advanced Quantum Theory" (number 5658100000, program Physics - Master of Science (918)" ) please send a mail with the preferred date to email@example.com by Friday 14.07.2023. Possible dates are Wednesday 02.08.2023, and Wednesday 06.09.2023.
Begin of Lecture
Thursday, 20 October 2022
Time & Date
- Thursday, 11:30 - 13:00, V57.02
- Friday, 11:30 - 13:00, V57.05
- The lecture and the tutorials will be given in English.
- There are two types of problems: "Written" problems are handed in in class and graded/corrected by the tutor. "Oral" problems are discussed in the tutorials and presented by students on the blackboard.
- Admission to the final exam requires 80% of the written scores, 66% of the oral scores, and presenting a problem on the blackboard twice.
- The registration for the exercise groups (only accessible from the university network) will be open from Thursday, 20.10.2022, 13:30. In order to register, you need the Lecture Key given in the first lecture.
- If you assign a password at the registration, you can request your current scores here.
- You can also find detailed information on lecture and tutorials on ILIAS.
Note on the recognition of certificates from other lecturers:
Participation in the final exam is only possible with a recognized certificate. Students who have already obtained a certificate from another lecturer must have it recognized by 14.07.2023 by sending it to Katharina Brechtelsbauer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The registration for the final exam is now open.
- Students in the study program "Physics - Master of Science (918)" should register for the exam "Advanced Quantum Theory" (number 5658100000)
- Students in the study program "Physik - Master of Science (128)", "Physik - Bachelor of Science (128)" and "Materialwissenschaft - Master of Science (177)" should register for the exam "Fortgeschrittene Vielteilchentheorie" (number 4150100000)
Information on the exam "Advanced Quantum Theory" (number 5658100000):
- The examination is oral
- The oral exams take place at Pfaffenwaldring 57 in Room 5.353
- Please send a mail with the preferred date to email@example.com by Friday 14.07.2023. Possible dates are Wednesday 02.08.2023, and Wednesday 06.09.2023.
Information on the exam "Fortgeschrittene Vielteilchentheorie" (number 4150100000):
- The examination is written
- Second date: Friday, 11.08.2023, 12:00-14:00
- Place: Pfaffenwaldring 47 - V 47.05
- Date: Wednesday 15.03.2023, 12:00-14:00, Room: PWR 55 - V 55.02
- Exam duration: 2 h
- Permitted aids: 10 DIN A4 sheets (= 20 pages) independently handwritten collection of formulas
- Please bring your student ID
- Exam dates are subject to change, even at short notice. Please keep up to date regarding date, time and room. The official exam dates can be viewed at https://campus.uni-stuttgart.de.
- Friday 03.03.2023 and Monday 13.03.2023 from 10:00 to 12:00 in PWR 57 - V 57.06
- Please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (Friday Session) or email@example.com (Monday Session) until the day before.
Exam review takes place on Thursday, May 4, 2023 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm in Room PWR 57 - Room 5.331. Please bring your student ID.
- G. Blatter, Quantenmechanik Skript [User: "student", Password: Lecture Key] (see also references therein)
- G. Baym, Lectures on Quantum Mechanics
- A. Messiah, Quantum Mechanics 2
- C. Cohen-Tannoudji, Quantum Mechanics 1 and 2 (for repetition)
- Repetition of the basics of quantum mechanics
- Perturbation theory
(time-independent; time-dependent: Fermi's golden rule)
- Spin & Addition of angular momentum
(Clebsch-Gordan coefficients; Wigner-Eckart theorem)
- Identical particles & Second quantization
- Quantization of the electromagnetic field
- Light-matter interaction
- Relativistic quantum mechanics
- Introduction to quantum information
|1||Problem Set 1||20.10.22|
|2||Problem Set 2||27.10.22|
|3||Problem Set 3||3.11.22|
|4||Problem Set 4||10.11.22|
|5||Problem Set 5||17.11.22|
|6||Problem Set 6||24.11.22|
|7||Problem Set 7||01.12.22||Normalization corrected in Eq. (6)|
|8||Problem Set 8||08.12.22|
|9||Problem Set 9||15.12.22||Hand in your results in the lecture on the 22.12.22!|
|10||Problem Set 10||22.12.22|
|11||Problem Set 11||12.01.23|
|12||Problem Set 12||19.01.23|
|13||Problem Set 13||26.01.23|
|14||Problem Set 14||02.02.23|
|15||Problem Set 15||09.02.23||Repetition sheet|